Monday, June 04, 2007

Our Last Monday: Reading, Posting, and Commenting!


Hello, bloggers! This picture was taken from my car last summer on a stretch of highway between my parents' house and my sister's house in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The trees are old and moss covered, and they provide a canopy of shade to drive through. It's very cool (literally), and as I was thinking about my family today, I decided to share this picture with you. I hope to drive down this road again this summer.


I hope today's class gives you the opportunity to read and revise your beautiful blog posts we began work on Friday. Reading over your posts this weekend, I have noticed some wonderful reflections and connections with both your independent and in-class reading. Look for powerful lessons or themes in your reading and blog about it. I've noticed topics ranging from courage, prejudice, love, fear, fate and more. Have fun with this, and show what you've learned this semester! As you proofread your posts, look for:






  • Readability...Provide line breaks
    between paragraphs so that your lines don't run together and make it hard to read.

  • Proofread for spelling (use spell check, too), grammar, and punctuation.

  • Be sure you've followed our blog rules you voted on by your class.

  • Reflect and write about your reading. This is a literature discussion blog. You will be making connections with your reading, with each other, and the world.

  • When you provide links to another site, don't just link. Reflect on the links and what you learned from them.

  • Create a catchy title.

  • Find a picture or two that illustrate something about your post.

  • Comment THOUGHTFULLY to each other. Take time to "discuss" the issues.





Good luck! Have Fun! As always, today is also a reading workshop day. You will have time to read your independent reading books, read the blog, and thoughtfully comment to each other.

3 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Katiedogg said...

So...this is where you go without me? I've always wanted to sink my paws into the wet sand and chase sea gulls out into the ocean. I just know I'd be good at catching sand crabs and swimming in the waves. Please consider taking me!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Phasma said...

Roadtrips are the best, Ms. J! But of course, I should like them... you know why. Where is Ponte Vedra Beach? It sounds familiar... Besides Boca, the only other areas of FL that I can remember now are Jacksonville and the Keys. Ah, well. Did you know that there is a place in Switzerland where one can walk around inside of a glacier?! The inside has been carved into an "ice palace", and body heat from visitors is somehow trapped to heat the nearby restaurant. Just a random thought...

Peace and Love.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Ms. James said...

Phasma, Yes, I do remember that you love road trips and have enjoyed many of them! You've probably been to Ponte Vedra Beach, just south of Jacksonville and north of St. Augustine. Oh, my, it's beautiful, not overcrowded like many beaches. I'd like to see that glacier and dine in the nearby restaurant:)! Sounds like an adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home