Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Motivation for the Home Stretch!


I'm so fortunate that I still hear from former students and parents of former students. Just last week a former parent sent me this link to a short video clip about motivation. I've been meaning to find a few minutes to share this with you because I thought it was inspiring, and let's face it, at this time of year when we are so close to the home stretch, we could all benefit by looking back at our goals! (I think the video is intended to sell a book series about motivation, which I am not trying to buy or sell, but I thought you might find this applicable to our reading and writing goals.)




I saw some great collaboration yesterday as you read and studied your scenes for our play presentations. You'll have class time again today to continue rewriting, designing and polishing. Your art and powerful quotes can go on a poster or on Photo Story 3 or Power Point. So...go for it! Some groups are using costumes, some are adapting the scripts to fit a different setting, some are incorporating interpretation into the original script, and all of us are setting goals in an effort to contribute our best to our teams.

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lacy Jo said...

I hope as I grow older I continute to check the blog and read your unique blogs. I love blogging and I think it is a great way to communicate with each student. I also enjoyed watching that video clip. I thought it was interesting, and had a good meaning to it. :)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Ms. James said...

Oh.....that made my day, my week, and my year worthwhile! Thanks!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Wow, this is a really great movie about motivation. And it motivates me. lol. Well just commenting on how it makes me think about what I do from now on.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger theBEST_bj said...

Yes, it's a true story. The entire book is the girl's diary/journal. Someone published it after she died of a heroin overdose. I got it in the library and the author is Linda Glovach:)

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Laura Stevens said...

I really liked that video. It is like a fresh start, giving us some hope for the rest of the year. Only a few weeks left :DDD

SUMMMMMERR!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home