Monday, May 07, 2007

Praise, Question, Polish: Put On Your Poetry Hat!



Before I write about today's events, I want to give you a link to Lake_Wobegon's post about Act III, which is exactly where we are now. Wobegon links us to information about grief and loss and posts some related discussion topics. It's interesting to think about those stages of grief as they relate to Romeo and Juliet and even the other characters.








We're going back to our poetry today with time to revise, polish and conference before we finalize our publications. Plan on some time for "musical chairs" to gather feedback. I've wondered if Power Point might offer clearer text for those Photo Stories that are blurry. In our workshop time today, I hope to address all these concerns.









Many of you are gathering book ideas from the blog, and I thank those of you who have offered suggestions. In looking at our classroom library, I notice there are quite a few books out. If you've borrowed a book and are finished, please return it so that it can recirculate. (Anyone got a great romance novel for Scarlett Rose?)








Hope you have plenty of time to read and write today. We're breaking into our reading/acting groups for Act III. The show must go on!

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms.james, are you interested in artwork or music at all? if so i think you should do a post about that

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ms. James said...

Your posts about music and art are insightful and interesting. I enjoy seeing your art that you include with your blog posts. I guess that's one reason I wanted to see if photo story enhanced our poetry. Maybe we should post about art and music. Thanks for the suggestion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home