Wednesday, March 14, 2007

First Drafting: Filling in Ideas and Content


Today our writing mini lesson will focus on using a photograph for inspiration. We'll look for memories which spring from photos, details, events, feelings, and so forth. I'll share mine, too. Mine takes me back to the days of early motherhood and the innocence of my own children. I've free written on the topic of my daughter's first best friend, but now I'm deciding what genre I want to use, either children's story or a poem, or both.

We'll set the class period aside today to use as a writing workshop. By now you'll have settled on an idea for a writing to expand on, and you can use class time today to "flesh out" ideas.

We'll take a some time at the beginning of class to review our literature blog and to discuss questions that have arisen. Don't forget to look back at your own posts to see if you need to comment to remarks left on your post. There is some very good conversation going on out there. Don't leave your classmates hanging!

Good luck! Keep reading and writing!

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger gangsterchick said...

haha me and you went to the talent show instead of class

 

Post a Comment

<< Home