Friday, February 23, 2007

TGIF: Enjoy the Journey of Blogging!


Dear Bloggers, Yesterday, I am proud to say, we got everyone onboard the blogging scene. You all established google accounts, and most importantly, you helped each other with the technology and the intricacies of the blogging world. Bravo!




Many of you commented about the style of some of the comments. That will be the springboard for today's in-class discussion. It is important to realize the differences between educational blogging, which is who we are, and social networking, which is usually accompanied by a lot of computer jargon, abbreviations, and slang. There is a huge responsibility when writers publish; writers must be honest, accurate, and readable. You may also want to visit the link Mr. Wolff left you about flame wars. We have to remember that we are an extension of the classroom, and also that we will have a wide readership. In other words, audience will include others outside our classroom. Other teachers, classes, families, and who knows, may enjoy reading our blog. That brings responsibility to our audience.




I get a lot of joy out of this project, and that is because it is a partnership. I see myself as your facilitator on this journey. You will connect with each other, the literature you read, and the issues that will emerge. I hope you enjoy the journey, too!

17 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger crossoverflash03 said...

Right now I'm in Spanish 2. I'm in the language lab. I am looking forward to blogging and I think today's class will be fun.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todays class is awesome you will enjoy it!!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger SooperDooperPooperScooper said...

I love english.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger tito said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger superw0men13 said...

I can't wait till we actually can start blogging.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger koala said...

me either!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Eazy B said...

I bet Cardoza is really good at Spanish.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger tito said...

This is fun, I'm ready to start blogging.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger superw0men13 said...

I like your name Koala!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger BlondeC8 said...

This will be fun adn a great way to connect with others!!!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I can't wait to start blogging.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger KuroiKisu said...

I can't wait to start blogging! I didn't really know what flame wars was until someone told me :)

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope this thing doesnt turn out to be a pain :( but i dont think it will from what i heard so thats cool

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Lacy Jo said...

hope you all have a great weekend! Mrs. James blogging so far has been a blast! and mr. wolff thanks for the great website about the flam wars.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Mrs. Valo♥ said...

very colorful picture. blogging is just another everyday thing for me, so im not new to this.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger theBEST_bj said...

Yeahh I like using the computers to blog & stuff :).

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger mellofelloet said...

Hey Ms. James, I am sorry I missed school today. I am looking forward to seeing you and the class on Monday. From what I have seen todays lesson seemed to be good. I also liked todays posts. See you on Monday and have a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home