Friday, January 26, 2007

Welcome to Teaching Outside the Classroom Box!


Welcome new scholars! First of all, I want to tell you that it is a joy to actually get to start this English I Honors journey with you. Last semester I was out for the first month due to a clutsy accident I had at home, and so this blog spot was the only communication I had with my students at first.

I hope that those of you who have access to computers and can get online at home will find this site useful to review what we are doing in class or to find out what's coming up. If you click on the comment box at the bottom of the post, you can even ask questions! (Right now I don't have Internet at home because of the ice storm. It still might be another week or two!)

So, this is English I Honors. Do you like to read and write? Do you like to explore your creative talents, write about yourself, or just wander through your thoughts as you write down what you're thinking? You'll have a lot of chances in this class to dabble with writing, read some of the greatest authors, and communicate with each other. I hope you're ready for new things. Most of all, I hope you are motivated. This really can be fun and challenging at the same time if you let it be.

You will need a few supplies to get started:

3 ring binder
lined notebook paper
pencils
blue or black ink pens
notebook dividers (six)
pleasure reading book of your own choice to bring to class
access to a dictionary and thesaurus at home
box of tissues


I realize you are not drivers yet, but please get your supplies by next Monday. The sooner you get them, the sooner you can get organized!

Once again, welcome! I'm glad you're here!

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Mrs. James! English looks like it is going to be fun this year. Mostly because it's teacher is enthusiastic, and your room is definitely more relaxed than any I have been in. Looking forward to a fun semester!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ms. James said...

Hi, Chris, Thanks for the comment. I'm looking forward to a fun semester, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home