Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Movies, Music, and Art: What's Your Inspiration?


It's interesting how different writers respond to the stimuli of music, or movies, or art. Honestly, sometimes I am distracted by any noise at all (if I'm having a really hard time concentrating), but usually I really enjoy writing to all kinds of music. I do believe the kind of music I hear affects the way I write. (It was no surprise about Stephen King's preference of writing to the sound of heavy metal!) I am not sure how to link music to the blog yet, but would enjoy providing music to accompany different posts. Think about what kind of music would connect to your writing or your life. Art is also inspiring, as are movies. You might be looking for a snapshot to bring in one day next week for a writing activity.

Today I enjoyed talking to you about music. It is such a vital part of my household, and even though my own kids are not always home to provide the live piano, cello, trombone, guitar, and flute concerts, my pets and I still savor the music we have. As you can see from this photo, Riley is camped out under the piano, hoping for some musical entertainment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home