Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Season Opener


I don't usually watch a whole lot of television, but being stuck at home like I've been, I have to admit I've developed a couple of favorite shows. I'm hooked on watching the stars dance, the wanna be rock stars, and even a ridiculously nonrealistic medical drama about surgical interns. I guess it's time for me to get back to my own reality, so as the season premieres are underway, my own "season premiere" is slated for tomorrow. My pets will be able to rest at last. The dogs have literally become service dogs. Katie, the golden mix, helps push my wheelchair by lowering her head and pressing the back of my chair as she walks behind me. The border collie runs interference in the lead. The cats will finally get the house back to themselves tomorrow.

So, as I say goodbye to a sedentary lifestyle, complete with a few TV shows, I wonder what television, if any, my students watch. For free writing today, discuss your opinions of television. How much TV do you watch? What do you watch? Does your family share TV programs, or do you have your own TV and watch alone? Which shows, if any, are you looking forward to? How do you balance entertainment and homework?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home