Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Reading and Writing Territories


I hope all of you got some good ideas today as we passed books around and gave them a quick overview. Of course, it will be even more interesting as we begin to share book responses after we finish reading our books. As you think about the kind of reading you enjoy, you may notice that your reading interests may be very similar to your writing territories. (For example, I couldn't leave my pets off either list.) Tomorrow we'll look at ways to share our book responses. That, to me, is the best part of reading, like talking to a friend about a movie you've just seen. If you are still looking for book titles, check out the link (the underlined word "book") in the August 31st post. It will take you to lists of award winners, and I've gotten lots of ideas there.

Tomorrow we'll share passages from our books, so be sure you throw your book back into your backpack after you read tonight. Be looking for a passage (a few lines or so) that you find interesting, descriptive, shocking, or in some way noteworthy. You'll have a chance to hear some of these read aloud. I'll pass back your logs so that you can pick up where you left off.

So, class, happy reading. I'll be anxious to see where tomorrow takes us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home