Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Teaching Outside the Box



Here's my opportunity to tell you that I really do miss being "inside the classroom box" with you. I am out due to family illness, and I know it sounds like, "My dog ate my paper," but I couldn't access Internet at the hospital on my laptop! (Can I say, "My dog ate my blog post"?)I am home for a real night's sleep, and thought I'd touch base with all of you. Kudos to you who continue to read and blog via our classroom sites.

You are at the high point in our reading. It may read like life is getting back to normal in Maycomb, but you can just sense that it's all about to come together. Tomorrow you'll be viewing the award winning screenplay (at least up through the trial), and although it is also written by Harper Lee, you'll have a chance to compare the movie to the novel and think about how the book translates to the big screen. Take notes. We'll compare techniques and missing elements from the screen.

Meantime, I'll be expecting a great discussion on my return, so keep up to date on your reading schedule. Happy reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home